Sustainable livelihoods and Agroforestry
Since 86% of the population sampled indicated that one of the key reasons for increasing encroachment into protected areas, increase in deforestation and indiscriminate and illegal exploitation is as a result of poverty,
this program introduced the following endorsed activities to promote forestry and wildlife protection and conservation;
- Organic gardening as an alternative source of income and greenery.
- Beekeeping for the production of honey and related value addition as an alternative source of income for rain forest communities.
- Setting up of household cash crop nurseries and NTFP domestication for communities.
- Adding value to agricultural practices through processing and transformation units.
- Regeneration of old farmlands to halt further extension into protected areas